TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By accessing or using the Honest Market Platform (“the Platform”)you agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions (“T&C”). These T&Cs are a legally binding between you and Honest Market Company with registered address on G/F, The Nova, 88 Third Street, Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong. Our Service Fees and Customer Refund policies are incorporated by reference into this Agreement.
Vendors using our platform are responsible for identifying, understanding, and complying with all laws, rules, licenses, permits, registration and regulations that apply to their product listings.
1. Scope of Service
1. The Platform is an online website that enables registered users (“Members”) and parties who sell products (parties who offer items for sales are “Vendors”) to list their products on the Platform (“Listings”) and to transact directly with Members that are seeking to purchase such products (Members purchasing products are “Customers”). Listings may include groceries and a variety of other food and non-food related products.
2. When Members purchase an item, they are entering into a contract directly with Vendors.
2. Eligibility, Using the Platform, Member Verification
1. By accessing or using the Platform, you confirm and warrant that you are 18 or older and have the legal capacity and authority to enter into a contract contract.
2. we do not bear any responsibility for the confirmation of any Member’s identity.
3. The Platform implements Google Maps/Earth mapping services, including Google Maps API(s) and is subject to the Google Maps/Google Earth Additional Terms of Service.
3. Modification of these Terms and Conditions
1. Honest Market reserves the right to modify these T&Cs. If we make changes, we will post the revised Terms on the Honest Market Platform and update the “Last Updated” date at the bottom of these T&Cs.
4. Account Registration
1. You must register an Account to access and use of the Platform, such as submitting or purchasing a product Listing.
2. You can register an Account using an email address and creating a password and keep your password to yourself only.
3. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your Account information and may not disclose your information to any third party.
1. The Platform and content, may in its entirety or in part be protected by copyright, trademark, and/or other laws of Hong Kong. You acknowledge and agree that the Platform and content, including all associated intellectual property rights, are the exclusive property of Honest Market. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Platform and content.
6. Service Fees
1. Honest Market may charge fees to Vendors ("Vendor Fees") and/or Customers ("Customer Fees") (collectively, "Service Fees") in consideration for the use of the Platform.
3. Honest Market reserves the right to change the Service Fees at any time.
4. With regards to the Service Fees related to the weight of produces / products, due to uncontrollable harvest of naturally grown produces that may vary in size, weight and quantity, we will endeavor to get the closest available products / produces to customers. However, it is unavoidable that the actual weight may vary and is subject to 10% variance of weight of the produces / product. In view of this, Honest Market will not warrant the accuracy of the weight of produces delivered.
5. You are responsible for paying any Service Fees. Honest Market will deduct any Vendor Fees from the Listing Price before remitting the payout to the Vendor.
6. The vendor fee is calculated at the proportion of the product prices and is subject to mutual agreement with the Vendor. This fee is calculated from the subtotal of product prices.
7. Listing Terms specific for Vendors
1. When creating a Listing through the Platform you must (i) provide complete and accurate information about your Vendor Products. You are responsible for keeping your Listing information up-to-date at all time.
2. When a Customer makes a purchase from your Listing, you are entering into a legally binding agreement with the Customer and are required to provide your Vendor Products to the Customer as described in your Listing when the purchase is made. You also agree to pay the applicable Vendor Fee to Honest Market.
8. Delivery Terms
1. delivery services are only available in a limited areas. If delivery is available to the area selected by the customer, the Platform will provide the Delivery Services you engage us to perform for the ordered product(s), directly or through a third-party service provider. If a Customer’s delivery is subject to a delivery charge, it will be shown as a separate charge on the delivery confirmation page before Customers confirm their orders. Any delivery charge added to a Customer’s order will be dependent upon, amongst other things, the value of the order, the date and time of the delivery and the delivery address and charges may vary.
2. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that the delivery and contact information provided during the checkout process is up to date and accurate. Honest Market and our delivery partner may charge additional fees to arrange for redelivery due to incomplete or inaccurate delivery information.
3. There may be cases where delivery is delayed because of events beyond our reasonable control. If this happens, we will try and arrange for your products to be delivered as soon as possible, but we will not be liable to you for any losses caused as a result of such delay. Delivery times may vary depending on the availability of the products and your delivery address. Delivery times are estimates only and cannot be guaranteed.
4. If we are unable to deliver to you, or have to deliver late, for reasons beyond our control, for example undesirable weather conditions, strike actions, vehicle breakdown, traffic congestion or supplier failure, we cannot accept liability for any inconvenience or loss that this causes. We reserve the right to refuse orders at any circumstances.
5. For details of delivery schedule, refer to DELIVERY SCHEDULE section.
9. Customer Refund
1. Customers should inspect the Products you receive as soon as possible after delivery and notify the Platform promptly, and within 12 hours after the delivery if there is any defects. Photo is required as evidence to facilitate the platform in working with our Vendors and delivery partner to arrange for refunds for any defective or missing products.
3. Customers should be aware that produces and products are subject to availability and its freshness are always beyond the control from the Platform. For example, organic and quality produces may come with smaller size and worm bites. They could be different from the non organic produces.
4. For the member using the Platform where their delivery addresses are not within the scope of service, ie outside of HK island and Kowloon, Shek O, non-residential address, without parking or loading facilities and other address which we deem not in scope of service, the Platform will cancel the order and refund the payment via your payment method. The refund amount will be subject to 5% handling charge for the Platform’s administration purpose ie the total payment (including delivery fee,etc) $500 received from the member, the Platform will refund the net amount of $475 to the member. *Kowloon refers to the following districts only Kwun Tong, Wong Tai Sin, Kowloon City, Sham Po Kong, Mongkok, Yau Ma Tei, Tsim Sha Tsui.
5. When making the credit card payment, the payment amount will be the total purchase plus delivery (discounts and store credit will be included where applicable.) However if we cannot fulfill all the order requests, the paid but unfulfilled amount will be credited to your member account as store credits for your next purchase.
10. Payment Processing
1. The Platform provides payments services to Members, including payment collection services, payments and payouts, in connection with and through the Platform. The Platform uses Stripe Payments Europe, Limited to process all payments. When you make a payment, you agree to accept the payment terms of Stripe, which can be accessed here.
2. Members who use our payment processing authorize Stripe to store your Payment Method information and charge your Payment Method as outlined in Stripe’s payment terms.
11. No Warranty about product specification - Honest Market does not warrant the accuracy of any of the information contained within the Platform nor on the labels of good delivered. We recommend that you read the labels on goods supplied carefully before they are consumed. All images used on the Platform are representations for your information only and are not necessarily true images of that product / produces.
12. Disclaimer - If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail. Honest Market liability to you for products/ produces purchased from the Platform shall be limited to the refund of the purchase price you have paid for the products / produces.
13. Contact Honest Market
1. If you have questions or suggestions you can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your comments and suggestions are vital to us.
Last update date: June 2019